2020 Copperfield Dolphins Season - COVID-19

    Dear Copperfield Dolphins Family, 

    As we have all been watching the reality of the Coronavirus unfold these past few weeks and days, your Board has been in discussions on how to plan for the upcoming season. Many months of planning have gone into the 40th Anniversary season. Currently, practice is not set to start until Tuesday, April 21,  with season not starting until May 9.   As of this afternoon, NorthWest Aquatic League has noted on its website that it is evaluating the situation with regards to the 2020 NWAL season but has not issued any formal direction at this time. With all of the new updates this weekend and today alone, we just wanted to put a word out that we are also monitoring and discussing the best course of action for our team. In-person registration on March 21 at Park Falls pool will be postponed until further notice. Parent Meeting, which was going to be rescheduled to April 6 due to a scheduling conflict, is also tentatively on hold. Until we receive an official word from NWAL, we will keep 2020 registration open on our website until April 10 (late registration til April 17).  If you are worried about your current or future registrations, to date we have maintained our finances such that we will be able to refund all registration fees if the season is cancelled.  We are postponing some planned expenditures to see how things unfold, thus there may be a hiccup in the normal availability of apparel and/or other swim related items, but we will work it out should the season progress. We will also evaluate any submitted sponsorships and discuss with each sponsor what their wishes are for their funds once a season decision has been made. We hope you will understand and we will keep you informed as soon as we have any new information.  

    Stay safe and we look forward to celebrating our 40th Anniversary soon, 

    Copperfield Dolphins Swim Team Board of Directors

    Add Snippet