Who We Are
The Copperfield Dolphins is a not-for-profit summer swim team open for boys and girls from 4 to 18 years old who live in the Copperfield subdivision of Houston, Texas. The Dolphins compete in the Northwest Aquatic League (NWAL) and follow the official rules set forth by that organization.
Summer swim leagues are competitive, athletic activities. We emphasize the teaching of sound competitive swimming skills, good sportsmanship, the promotion of individual improvement, and having a good time with friends.
Swim Team Eligibility
Dolphins membership is open to anybody who satisfies the following criteria.
- A resident of the Copperfield Villages (Copperfield Place, Easton Commons, Middlegate, Northmead, Southcreek, Southdown, or Westcreek) whose family is in good standing with his or her neighborhood community association and is eligible to use the pools in that neighborhood. [If you are not a resident of the Copperfield Villages as described above, you can still be a Copperfield Dolphin by paying an additional fee during registration.]
- A swimmer must be between 4 and 18 years of age as of May 31 of the respective swim year.
- A novice swimmer as defined by the Northwest Aquatic League. A novice swimmer is anyone of age who does not participate in USA competition from the beginning of the NWAL season until the end of the NWAL season. The NWAL season begins on the Thursday before the first sanctioned meet and ends on the Monday after the Divisional meet. This rule is not intended to preclude any types of organized practice.
- A swimmer must participate in a minimum of two dual meets in order to swim in the Divisional Meet.
Swimmer safety is of utmost importance. Each swimmer is required to be able to swim one complete length of the pool (25 yards) independently in less than 3 minutes by Time Trials. (Resting on the ropes is permissible but not preferable; pulling along the rope is not allowed.)
Family Registration of $20 (If registering after 4/9 late registration fee additional $25).
[Swimmers 4-14] 1st Swimmer $125, 2nd Swimmer $90, Each Additional Swimmer $80.
[Swimmers 15-18] Free.
Out of Copperfield Villages Boundary Fee $35.
Volunteer Check Deposit $150 (Will not be cashed if family fulfills volunteer requirements).
Park Falls Practice Pool for 6&U, 11&O
At the PARK FALLS POOL, PARKING WILL BE PERMITTED ON BOTH SIDES OF PARK FALLS BETWEEN LAKEVIEW HAVEN AND ROYAL GARDEN ONLY. ON ALL OTHER STREETS, PARKING IS PERMITTED ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE STREET FROM THE POOL.
7703 Park Falls Drive, Houston, TX 77095
Autumn Laurel Practice Pool for 7-10
YOU MUST PARK ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE STREET FROM THE POOL if you are parking on Autumn Laurel and Royal Gardens. This is very important so that residents can get down the street with ease.Parking is allowed in the green highlighted areas only.
7750 Autumn Laurel Trail, Houston, TX 77095
Records displayed in course (pool length):
Short Course Yards (25yd)
* indicates conversion from another course
indicates record set in current season