We look forward to a FAST, FUN swim season for our Copperfield kids. And we can’t do it without you our AMAZING VOLUNTEERS! From Time Trials through Divisionals it will take a total of 1,977 volunteer hours run meets for our kids. This means we need EVERY family to fulfill their required volunteer hours…and even need some “Super Volunteers” to go above and beyond.
In order to ensure we can have a smooth, safe season for our swimmers, please review and agree to our VOLUNTEER POLICY before you sign up- we appreciate you!
- Each family must complete 20 hours – including at least one second shift timer slot during the season. (Families with 6 & Under swimmers only do not have to fulfill the second shift timer slot, but do have to complete 20 hours.)
- Sign-up will be due by midnight each Thursday before a meet - and any slots not yet filled will be AUTO-ASSIGNED to families with the least volunteer hours completed towards the required 20 hours (whose children are registered to swim in the meet). These auto-assignments will be available to view on the meet page and confirmed in email each Friday before the meet. Families are expected to honor these assignments if their child intends to swim in the meet.
- We are looking for “Super Volunteers” for each meet who are willing to be on a list of pinch hitters should we need coverage of any open slots - send us an email if you are interested.
- We have the opportunity for 4 teens per week to earn 3 hours volunteer credit for their family by serving as “6 & Under Helpers” during practices – they must help the whole week to earn the hours which are available for sign up on the webpage. Teens must sign in and out each day with the coaches for credit to be given.
- If only one parent is able to attend meets and they have young children, look for jobs that your children can accompany you to complete (examples bathrooms, tents, etc.) Any parent concerned about how to meet their hours, or who needs an alternate assignment for the 2nd shift timer, please reach out to the volunteer coordinators and we can help you make a plan. It is also acceptable to find substitutes or hire teens that can fulfill your assigned slots and we might be able to help with this.
- If you know high school students in organizations that require service hours (such as NHS, Student Council, honor societies, etc.) - please have them get in touch with us to express their interest.
- We do not anticipate depositing any checks- you are agreeing to SERVE the HOURS in order for your child to swim in the meets…we need you!
- Ready bench dedicated team needed - commit to serve a ready bench slot at each meet and you don’t have to fulfill a 2nd slot timer.
- Have fun!
Thank you from your Volunteer Coordinator Natalie Blasingame
Go Dolphins, Swim fast!
To email the Volunteer Coordinators use the word "Volunteer" in the subject line and email CopperfieldDolphinsTX@gmail.com.